Among James’ involvement in his community includes:
- Board of Directors of the Hincks Dellcrest Centre, a facility for children`s mental health in Ontario and sat on the Board’s Strategic Planning Committee. The Hincks-Dellcrest Centre helps more than 8,000 children and families each year through a combination of prevention, treatment, research, and education activities. Located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, we are a community affiliate of the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Medicine (Department of Psychiatry) and Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work. Our vision is to bring hope, optimism, and possibilities to the children and families we serve.
- Board of Canadian Paralympic Committee and served as Chair of Communications Committee focusing on branding and marketing the Paralympic community in Canada
- Served as a community member of Toronto Preschool Speech and Language Services (TPSLS). TPSLS is a strong network of community partners providing three community-based programs: Preschool Speech and Language Program, Infant Hearing and Infant Hearing Program which are available to qualifying infants, toddlers, preschool children and their families living in the City of Toronto experiencing challenges with communication development, hearing loss, and visual impairment.
- Volunteer activities with various minor hockey organizations
- Volunteer work for the Silver Creek Silver Creek Preschool which provides a positive pre-school setting with therapeutic services delivered within a caring and creative early education classroom. They help children with and without physical and developmental challenges to achieve success as defined by each child and family. Silver Creek is dedicated to working with our families, the community and other professionals to ensure that the unique promise of each child is realized.
- Algonquin College Executive in Residence